Thursday, November 8, 2012

Its that time of year again...

sephora-favorites 
Sephora Favorites Gift Set time!!! When November rolls in the gift sets get rolled out. Its my favorite time for makeup shopping, I love the fact I can try a few products in their mini forms without having to pay as much. Usually you can get about 5 mini products for the price of one full size product. Sometimes you even get a full size product thrown into the mix. I can't wait for pay day because its time to do some early xmas shopping for myself and a couple other people.
This year they have sets for eyeliners, lip products, cheek products, perfumes, and some with a mix of all products. Lots of brands create their own holiday sits which I love, but I find sephora has the best mix of brands in their sets plus they are petty affordable.  
I've browsed sephora.com and i picked a few on my wish list. I wanted ones that have products I don't already have or that I know I will love and use.
 
Sephora Favorites - In The Glow Set
The "In the Glow" set is 100% on my list. At $45.00 for the set that's like paying $5 per product. This set has products I hear people rave about like the Tart Amazonian Clay Blush that costs $25.00 for a full size, here I get to try it for $5, if I ever do actually hit pan I can invest in the full size, but if I hate it I won't feel as bad. This is perfect for someone on a budget because you get to try products from brands that are a bit more pricey like NARS, Laura Mercier, Lorac, Benifit, Stila and a few others. If you already have and love any of these its always nice to have a mini makeup bag sized one. There is also one with all Lip Products that I still might want.
 
Sephora Favorites - Draw The Line Eyeliner Sampler
If you're like me, you are on the hunt to find the perfect eyeliner. The "Draw the Line" eyeliner sampler set is key on my list. At $28.00 its another set where you're paying about $5 a product. This set looks to have at least 3 fill size products. The Smashbox waterproof liner costs $22 alone. Since the smashbox liner in the set is full size you could say you're buying it alone and paying about $1.20 for each extra eyeliner including a full size sephora collection liner and full size Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner. If you like eyeliner or want to try different types of liner (liquid, gel, pencil) this is a must have kit. If lashes and mascara are your thing definitely check out this $45 "Lash Stash" kit.
 Sephora Favorites - Fragrance Sampler for Her
The last one on my personal list is this Fragrance Sampler. The way these work is, you get a few mini samples in a box (the kind you get free at the macys counters) so you can try them out see how they react to your body chemistry. After you decide which one you like best you can take the voucher that comes inside the box and redeem it for the full size version of your choice. This kit has a couple good ones I've been thinking of getting. DKNY Be Delicious is always a good one, but this kit also has the new Juicy sent Viva La Juicy La Fleur which I received a sample of in my Birchbox a few months back and LOVED, and Prada CANDY which everyone says smells great. With 12 scents to chose from, it will be interesting to see which one I choose as my full size. The also have a few different versions, the Deluxe ft Michael Kors and Viva La Juicy (a little more money and with only 4 samples but your samples are bigger) and the Men's version. Makes a great gift.
 
Honorable mentions/ gift ideas
Sephora Favorites - Super Stars Beauty Essentials
The "Super Stars" kit is a mix of eye, lip, face, skincare, and a fragrances in one box, would make a good gift for anyone wanting to get into makeup or wanting to try out new products.
 
Sephora Favorites - Glitz And Glam Party Sampler
If you have a gold lover in your life (I know I do), the Glitz & Glam set would be the way to go. It has a little bit of everything for a great new years eve look. Plus it even has a cute metallic clutch to complete the look.

*** VIB BEAUTY INSIDER EVENT GOING ON UNTIL 11/12. 20% OFF YOUR ONLINE ORDER, USE CELEBRATE AT CHECKOUT. ***

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is great! I've heard of Sephora and did a little browsing on their website but never came across the "Sephora Favorites" definitely need to try their eyeliner and fragrance kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried and searched for the eyeliner kit. It was sold out so fast online and at the pentagon and Tyson store. I got the blush set and I like it a lot

      Delete