Monday, November 19, 2012

Beauty Blogger Vox Box

A few months ago a discovered Influester. This is similar to a sample subscription program, but it is free and the sample boxes don't come every month. You sign up for the site and you get the chance to complete different surveys depending on your interests and you earn "badges" Depending on the badges you earn you are eligible to be chosen to receive boxes. The boxes are sent to you for free, and all that is asked of you is a little interaction. You are required to share your opinions and thoughts on the products through your social media platforms.
The boxes are amazing, they send you such great products to try out. The box I received a few weeks ago was the Beauty Blogger VoxBox. It had awesome beauty products inside.
I had the chance to try the Kiss Ever PRO lash starter kit, NYC color Individual Eyes Custom Compact, Goody Spin Pin, Vitabath fragrance mist, Not Your Mothers Kinky Moves Hair Cream, and a Bath & Body Works Mini Candle.
 


 Kiss Ever PRO lash starter kit:
These lashes came with a tool that helps put the lashes in place, I couldn't really get use to it, I just rather use my fingers. The glue that came in the kit was pretty nice, I love that its small because I can keep it in my makeup bag when I wear lashes. Its easier and neater than duo lash. As for the lashes, out of the box they are a bit large for my eyes and next time I use them I'm going to trim them down. They are pretty dramatic in person for everyday use but for a night out they would be great. They didn't seem too heavy, but I'm sure a more natural looking pair would work better for me.
 
 

NYC color Individual Eyes Custom Compact: This compact came with 4 shadows, a highlight and base. The kit I received in my box was the smokey look compact. I'm not much of a smokey eye kind of person, I think my eyes are kind of small for so much color. I've seen other color combinations in the compacts in at the drugstore. I do like the idea of having a complete eye look in one little compact that you can just take with you. The base was not bad, but unless I was doing my makeup anywhere other than home, I would use a different base. I say this because if you aren't careful the powder form the shadows can fall in it and make it dirty. The color pay off is actually pretty good for drugstore. I don't really use drugstore shadows because they tend to be kinda chalky for me, but these weren't so bad, I'd like to see how other maybe lighter colors would look.



Goody Spin Pin: Love these things. It makes it really easy to just twist my hair up and go without thinking it will just come apart. I was actually able to go a whole day with only one pin in my hair and it was all good. I do recommend using both though. If you have both pins in, you can go to the gym and not worry about your bun coming undone.
Only had one pin for this. The other was in my car.

 Vitabath fragrance mist: The sent I got for this was Ivy & Lily, I was a little worried I was going to hate the sent because it sounded weird; BUT it's actually a really fresh clean scent. It's a really nice sent to put on after you take a shower in the morning and go out because its just such a clean sent for everyday. They have tons of other scents in their mists, and they even have body washes.

Not Your Mothers Kinky Moves Hair cream: About a month and a half ago I got a relaxer on my curly hair, so this product wasn't exactly for me. I had heard of this brand before and really wanted to try something from them. It smelled nice. I tried it on my straight hair and it didn't do much, but it did keep it form getting too frizzy. I ended up giving it to my mom for her to use on her curly hair. She seems to like it, because she hasn't complained about it to me, and the bottle is almost out.


Bath & Body Works Mini Candle: The product which I've actually used the most (in theory) was the B&BW candle. The sent I received was Black Pepper Bergamot, I hated it. That sent was just not for me. I noticed that other people had received different scents than I did. One sent I saw people received was Mahogany Teakwood, this is probably my #1 favorite holiday sent from B&BW. I had bought a medium size of that scent about a week before getting my box. I've put a nice dent in that one this past month.
 
 
I'm very grateful that I was chosen to receive and share my opinions on such nice products. I really hope I get this chance again. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such detailed post. To me it is really very time consuming to apply false lashes and very sensitive to use glues as it might get into the eyes. That's why I prefer to do eyelash extensions. Mink Eyelash extensions gives me a very natural look and very comfortable as well. To know more about lash extensions, lash types and lash extensions products please visit the site.

    ReplyDelete