Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top Fall Drugstore Lip Colors


Its that time of year, the leaves are changing color the weather is getting colder, i even got to break out my Uggs this weekend. Fall is my favorite time of the year. Not only because of the weather but because of the fashion and beauty trends. I love my spring and summer hot pinks and corals but there is just something about the plum and berry colors that makes me this season.
Ive gone through my lip baskets in my vanity and i picked out a few that top my list for Fall/Winter. There are 2 categories here, actual lipsticks, and the cool new lip balm/gloss/stain kinda things that have been becoming popular.

I have 8 products, 4 in each category.
 First we'll start off with hand swatches. I'm still working on what kind of lighting is going to work best with this kind of stuff so it should get better as i post more.
no flash
flash
no lip products
 
In the lipstick category I have: Maybelline #410 Blissful Berry and 455 MAUVE-ULOUS, L'Oreal Infallible #737 Persistent Plum and Revlon Matte # 009 Fabulous Fig
 
Blissful Berry


mauve-ulous






Persistent Plum
Fabulous Fig (actually darker then shown and matte, weird flash)
 
In the gloss/balm/stain category there is Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters in 040 RedVelvet and 085 Sugar Plum, and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in 005 Crush and 030 Smitten.

The Lip Butters are very moisturizing, but need to be reapplied quite often, The Kissable Balm Stains are better in the fact that they are a stain and the color will stick with you, but the gloss won't, so i still reapply. Both are very buildable for a more vibrant color.

Red Velvet


Sugar Plum


Crush

Smitten
 

 

Out of all of them my number one right now would have to be L'Oreal Infallible #737 Persistent Plum. Its long lasting so it stays on for hours even while you eat, and is perfect for fall.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment