Tuesday, January 22, 2013
February is right around the corner. For most girls this means Valentine's Day, but for my it also means BIRTHDAY! I'm kind of unlucky this year because my birthday falls on a Wednesday, but i consider the whole month of February my birthday month. It gives me an excuse to be spoiled and justify any purchases that month.
I've come up with a few products that I think would give you the perfect V-day and for February babies, B-day look. All these products are also on my beauty wish list. I've had my eye on these products and really want to test them out and add them to my collection.
**Hint hint: gift ideas ahoy.
Stay tuned for swatches and reviews on any products I do receive or purchase during my birthday month.
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Once again my Ipsy glambag doesn't disappoint. No makeup this month but still some great beauty products in generous sizes. Another happy month with Ipsy. Michelle Phan knows what she's doing.
|This stuff smells AMAZING. Its going right in my bag.|
|I only really use hairspray when I curl my hair but I've heard nothing but good things about this brand.|
|This is the second SOHO brush I've received from Ipsy and I think they make great brushes. I use the crease brush i received from them all the time. These brushes are also available at Wal-Mart and CVS.|
|I LOVE THIS STUFF. I first tried it when I received it in a Sephora beauty insider 500 point set. Its awesome for your hair and can even be used as a moisturizer. A little goes a long way.|
It's that time again, when the second week of the month comes around I keep my eye on the mailbox for my Birchbox and Ipsy glam bag. Its the 20th and I have both ready to share. Birchbox is a crap shoot because most everyone gets something different, and with Ipsy we all get the same thing.
Once again, I'm not to impressed with my Birchbox this month.
|happy to see that this wasn't a foil sample like the matching conditioner i received a few months back|
|This claims to have something in it that makes you eat less after you smell it.. I don't think so.|
|The only product that I'm actually excited to try, I love theBalm|
|the most disappointing think to see for me in a monthly beauty subscription package ... FOIL Packets!!|
Like I said, nothing to great. I've decided after a couple crappy months that I'm going to cancel my Birchbox sub. Once my one year is up, I'm going to use all my points and cancel.
Friday, January 4, 2013
2013! 4 days into the new year I'm already thinking about my birthday. In only one month I'll be a quarter of a century old. I started thinking about what to ask for my birthday, to be honest I have no clue. I think it gets hard to ask for gifts when you get to the age that you have your own job, because depending on how you save your money, you can just buy things on your own. I will admit I don't really spoil myself when it comes to big ticket items, but when it comes to small things I don't mind spending the money. I came up with a wish list, somethings are realistic and others I will only see in my dreams at night.
It was kind of hard to think of things I want, I couldn't remember ever saying "oh i really want that" about that many things. Now I get why my boyfriend always says he never knows what to get me because I never ask for anything. It was fun.
For anyone wondering what my new years resolution was... blog more! I really want to post more this year, hopefully my post won't be months apart in 2013.
1. Apple Smart Case (Dark Gray) - $49
2. Air Jordan XI Retro "Space Jam" - These came out in 2009 and can only be purchased from resellers. Hopefully NIKE will re release these so I can buy them at retail value. - $ too damn much for sneakers.
3. Tory Burch Logo Stud Earrings - $58
4. Tory Burch Riva Flats (7) - $185
5. Headphones - not specifically the Beats by Dre brand, just a nice pair of in ear headphone.
6. New Blu- Ray movies for my collection - Hunger Games, Tangled, Cinderella II/III set, Princess and the Frog, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, anything to expand my Disney Princess/ Disney-Pixar Collection
7. Michael Kors Runway Twist watch - $195 a lot of places don't have this in stock anymore, but mostly I just want a silver watch.
8. Chanel Grand Shopper Tote - around $3000... the bag of my dreams, I'd love to one day in my life have this bag, along with the classic large flap 2.55 bag which is around $5000. ... a girl can dream.
9. Nikon D3100 Kit - $480 what I actually might ask for as my birthday gift this year, or at least a contribution to the fund. I've wanted a DSLR for years.
10. Beauty by Lauren Conrad - $16 this book came out in October and i wanted it then but no matter how many book stores I've passed I've just never gone in to get it.
11. Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 and Neverfull MM - $790 and $850 2 more dream bags, Damier Ebene Canvas a must.
12. Tiffany key necklace (20in oval link chain) - $265
13. Rebecca Minkoff Mini M.A.C. (soft gray/silver or black/silver) - $195 couldn't find a link to the black with silver hardware