Wednesday, June 12, 2013

BOXYCHARM May 2013

First let me begin by explaining a little bit about BoxyCharm. I saw a few girls on instagram had received a box for review and that made me want to check it out. BoxyCharm is a new monthly Subscription service similar to Birchbox and Ipsy. 
This box cost $21 a month, and is filled with 5-6 fill sized products. Unlike other boxes this focuses on drugstore brands like Revlon, Covergirl, Rimmel, Sally Hansen, Essie etc. 


My apologies in advance for the lighting in some of these pictures.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Let me say, I'm really impressed with my first box. My favorite item has to be the red lipstick from the Kate Moss for Rimmel collection, in number 11. I was really excited to see a small brush kit. The brushes are soft  and convenient but obviously not as high quality as other drugstore brushed like ecotools. Another product I was excited about was the Essie polish in meet me at sunset. I can see this polish on my toes all summer.
 
One last thing to note about Boxycharm, a lot of people have shown concern about the product they sent out. Boxy charm issued a statement on their instagram stating how they get their products. They purchase their products from the warehouses and third party vendors. In my opinion the boxes are kind of like when you go to an CCO. They take advantage of companies changing packing or having overstock items. For example if its spring, you might get Essie polish from the holiday collection or a polish they had overstock of. Boxycharm has assured us that every product they choose is hand selected by them and is not old or expired.
 
I personally have no issues with this concept, to me its the same as going to an CCO and getting a discount on an old MAC collection or Bobbi Brown concealer in old packaging (I've done both). I'm excited to see what next month brings.  
 
If you like to try out boxycharm you can click here to use my referral code, or just visit boxycharm.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment